Here's a peek at how it's been going down in the classroom...
And just in case you're keeping a Common Core tally at home;
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.1a Recognize the distinguishing features of a sentence (e.g. first word, capitalization, end punctuation).
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.1.1b Use common, proper, and possessive nouns.
- CCSS.Math.Content.1.OA.A.1 Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems solving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
- CCSS.Math.Content.1.OA.A.2 Solve word problems that call for addition of three whole numbers whose sum is less than or equal to 20, e.g., by using objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
- CCSS.Math.Content.1.MD.C.4 Organize, represent, and interpret data with up to three categories; ask and answer questions about the total number of data points, how many in each category, and how many more or less in one category than in another.
- CCSS.Social.Studies.1.B.3 Oh wait. We've been through this before! There are no standards for social studies.
- CCSS.Art.2.M Oh yeah! No art standards either!