The final product:
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory from email@example.com on Vimeo.
And just in case you're keeping a Common Core tally at home:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.2 Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understaning of their central message or lesson.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.3 Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.7 Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.1 Particpate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about grade 1 topics and texts with peers and adults in small and large groups.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.2 Ask and answer questions about key details in a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.5 Add drawings or other visual displays to descriptions when appropriate to clarify ideas, thoughts, and feelings.