Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chawwwlie

Our first read aloud of the year is rapidly coming to an end!  The class is loving Roald Dahl's classic, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  At the end of fantastic books like this, I like to show the movie to the class for comparing and contrasting purposes.  We will be watching the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which is rated G.  Also, we do NOT watch the whole movie in one day.  I simply replace the 15 minutes of read aloud time with 15 minutes of the movie.  It usually takes about a week and a half to finish the movie, and we compare and contrast daily along the way.  I understand that some of you may not want your child to participate in this activity.  If that is the case, please let me know and I can create an alternate assignment for them.